Resources on recruiting saints in service
The church's overall goal is to equip all the saints for service in all aspects of their life. Yet, when specific ministry positions at church need people to fill them, we can and should recruit for those positions. These resources talk about healthy ways to do that.
Article: Inviting EVERYONE to Serve - congregation-wide recruitment and follow-up
Article: How to Recruit. Explains recruiting by comparing it to extending an invitation.
Handout: How to Recruit -- A page and a half summary of how to recruit--and how not to recruit--for specific positions. After opening the document, you can print it, or download it (save it to your computer) for future use.
Articles on helping new members find a place to serve:
- About Time and Talent Surveys
- Christmas Gifts -- appreciating the gifts of new members
- Helping New Members Serve -- the benefits of personal help
- How to Help New Members Serve -- a practical and proven strategy
Search for additional resources in the resource database using 'recruit' as topic.
Share your resources by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Share suggestions for resources to be added to the searchable database.
- Share resources you've created.